The following shall be deemed as ascts indiscipline:
- Resorting to ragging, A student involved in any such act is liable to be expelled from the college and in addition there would be resort to normal criminal proceeding.
- Smoking, consumption of alcoholic drinks, intoxicants and narcotic drugs.
- An act which cause destruction or defacing of the property of the college or organizing raids and breaking into the premises of college.
- An act which interfere with the personal liberty of another person or subjects another to indignity, or involves physical violence or use of abusive language.
- An act in breach of an undertaking given under the rules of discipline.
- Refusal to establish or reveal identity in the premises of the college.
- An act which causes interference of outside person or bodies or agencies in the functioning of the college.
- Dissemination and assertion of any false statement or tempering of certificates and records, whether with a view to seeking admission in a college or securing any benefit whatsoever.
- Collection of fund for any programme, picnic, project or activities without prior written permission of the appropriate authority.
- Use of title of the college or title which includeds the name of the college for sending any letter or communication to the press or for distributing an document or literature or publication other than academic work, without prior written permission of the appropriate authority.
- Use unauthorised the name or addres of the college or its officers or other authorities for making any representation on be half of any student or group of student to any public authority in India or elsewhere or to any person (Inclding the press) other than a person responsible for the management of the affairs of the college.
- An act which disrupts the smooth running of the college or environment conducive to the pursuit of knowledge or harmonious relationship between different groups of students.
- An act which tends to lower in the public esteem the image of the college or their officers.
- An act of unruly and disorderly behaviour at any competitions, sports, cultural activities or other social or educational programmes organized by the college.
- An act involving moral turpitude.
- Breach of Ordinances and Rules relating to attendance at lecture tutorials, tests terminals or preliminary examinations and progress to the satisfaction of the principal.
- Being found in possession of goods or any material deemed objectionable by the principal of college. (In such cases, the principal may take or direct to taken possession of such material pending further enquiry, if necessary.)
- Any act of insubordination or rude behaviour or use of inappropriate language towards the principal or any professor of the college or non- teaching staff.
19 Generally any other act of indiscipline which, in the opinion of the principal of the college is unbecoming of a student.
procedure for imposing punitive action
- Any student of the college who has committed one or more of the acts of indiscipline mentioned above shall be subject to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the principal, who may refer the matter to any professor or a committee of enquiry appointed for the said purpose.
- Every student who has been alleged to have committed an act or acts of indiscipline shall be given an opportunity to be heard befor any disciplinary action is taken against him/her. If such a student’s abstains from attending the enquiry or so conducts himself/herself either directly or indirectly through himself/herself or through anybody else to pointlessly abstract or delay the said enquiry may proceed in a manner which is known and/or understood as expert.